Exeter Diocesan Prayer Diary
1. For the Axe Valley Mission Community, their clergy Clive Sedgewick, Cate Edmonds, Nicki Davies and Shuna George, their readers Tony Nixon and Su Clark, and for all who live and worship in Membury, Combpyne with Rousdon, Chardstock and Axminster.
2. For the Barnstaple Mission Community, their clergy Nigel Dilkes, Guy Chave-Cox, Andy Dodwell, David Fletcher, Marion Sanders, Cathy Scoffield and Shirley Paterson, their readers Peter Nott, Joanna Pay and John Hartfield, and for all who live and worship in Sticklepath with Roundswell, Pilton with Ashford, Newport, Goodleigh, Bishops Tawton and Barnstaple.
3. For the Beacon Parishes Mission Community, their priest Andrew Down and reader Hillarie Griggs, and for all who live and worship in Woodland, Ipplepen, Torbryan, Denbury and Broadhempston.
5. For the Bere Ferrers with Bere Alston Mission Community, their priest Nick Law and readers Susan Belfield and Sheila Gay, and for all who live and worship in Bere Ferrers with Bere Alston.
6. In our link with the Diocese of Bayeux-Lisieux in France, pray for the inauguration and growth of the Institut Normand de Sciences Religieuses (INSR) [Normandy Institute of Religious Knowledge] and the development of theological learning among clergy and lay people. Pray for parishes, their clergy and people in the area of Caen.
7. For the Bideford and the Four Villages Mission Community, their clergy Robin Pirrie, Claire Rose-Casemore and Marisa Cockfield, their reader Sarah Cordingley, and for all who live and worship in Weare Giffard, Monkleigh, Littleham, Landcross and Bideford.
8. For the Bovey Valley Mission Community, their clergy Nick Debney, Graham Hamilton and David Harris, their readers Eleanor Oelmann, Lionel Holmes, John Randall and Carolyn Laycock, and for all who live and worship in Ilsington, Hennock and Bovey Tracey.
9. For the Braunton Mission Community, their priest Anne Thorne, and for all who live and worship in Braunton.
10. On World Suicide Prevention Day, we pray for all who are isolated or lonely, for those whose mental health leaves them feeling hopeless, and pray that we can reach out to them with the love of Christ.
11. For the Brixham Mission Community, their clergy John Gay, Angela Sumner, Captain Adrian Prescott, Stephen Yates, their readers Susan Shaw, Martyn Hodge, Wendy Emlyn, Hilary Hyde and Elaine Vestey, and for all who live and worship in Brixham, Churston, Galmpton and Kingswear.
12. For the Buckland Monachorum Mission Community, their clergy Andy Bowden and Andrew Farmer, their readers Angela Smith, Paul Nixon and Mark Smith, and for all who live and worship in Buckland Monachorum. Also for those being ordained as deacons today in the Cathedral.
13. Today is Ability Sunday. We pray for all churches to be places of inclusion and participation, taking special consideration for the needs of disabled people. We pray for anyone who may have felt excluded from worship and community to feel welcome. We remember all those who are still shielding and living in self-isolation.
14. For the Central Exeter Mission Community, their priest Sheila Swarbrick, and for all who live and worship in Central Exeter.
15. For the Chudleigh Mission Community, their readers Helen Harding, Sheila Fletcher, Arnold Cade and Keith Millar,and for all who live and worship in Trusham, Chudleigh Knighton and Chudleigh.
16. For the Churches 4 All Mission Community, their priest Marc Kerslake, and for all who live and worship in Whimple, Talaton, Clyst St Lawrence and Clyst Hydon. We pray for the Mayflower 400 Commemorations taking place in Plymouth today and say thank you for all those who have courageously campaigned for greater religious freedom. We pray for our links with our brothers and sisters in the United States.
17. For the Clyst Mission Community, their clergy Wiz Slater, Bernard Lane, Adrian Hough and Lythan Nevard, their reader Sandra Parker, and for all who live and worship in Sowton, Rockbeare, Pinhoe, Clyst Honiton and Broadclyst.
18. In our link with Thika, we give thanks for progress with the project in Thungururu for food security and water conservation. Pray for the champion farmers learning to share good practice with their neighbours and for Julius the project officer. Give thanks for the funds raised through our harvest appeal to complete the project.
19. In our link with the Diocese of Cyprus and the Gulf, pray for the Church of the Epiphany in Qatar which has five congregations of more than 600 people. Pray for its continued growth. Pray also for the Anglican Resource Centre in Qatar which is the spiritual home for more than 85 Christian congregations, where 18-20,000 worshippers meet every weekend from 65 countries in over 150 different worship services. Pray for wisdom for its leaders as they serve faithfully.
20. We remember the life and ministry of the first Bishop of Melanesia, John Coleridge Patteson, from Devon, on the day of his martyrdom (20th September 1871). We pray for the Melanesian Mission’s Virtual AGM and Festival Day on 21stSeptember, and give thanks for the charity’s work through Prayer, People and Giving.
21. On International Day of Prayer for Peace watch/read or listen to the news and bring before God those places experiencing conflict. Pray for peace and justice, particularly for all vulnerable and marginalized groups.
22. For the Coast & Combe Mission Community, their clergy Peter Churcher, John Roles, Giles King-Smith and Ann Lewis, their readers Dave Richards and Sally-Ann Molligoda, and for all who live and worship in Woolacombe, Lee, Mortehoe, Ilfracombe, Combe Martin, Bittadon and Berrynarbor.
23. For the Coast and Country Mission Community, their priest Alison Shaw, and for all who live and worship in Strete, Stoke Fleming, East Allington and Blackawton.
24. For the Crediton Mission Community, their clergy Matthew Tregenza and Paul Fillery, their readers Carol Price and Sandra Collier, and for all who live and worship in Shobrooke, Sandford, Upton Hellions and Crediton.
25. For the Cullompton Mission Community, their clergy Edward Hobbs and Olly Mears, their readers Katharyn Mumby, Simon Friend and Celia Fox, and for all who live and worship in Cullompton.
26. For those being ordained as priests today in the Cathedral and at All Saints, Malborough.
27. For those being ordained as priests today at Buckfastleigh, St Aubyn in Devonport and Holy Trinity, Westward Ho!
28. For the Culm Valley Mission Community, their clergy Simon Talbot, Gudrun Thomas and Michelle Parton, their reader Chris Russell, and for all who live and worship in Willand, Uffculme and Kentisbeare.
29. For the Dart and Avon Mission Community, their clergy Tom Benson, Gina Radford, Fiona Wimsett and Laura McAdam, their readers David Harwood and Jenny Holton, and for all who live and worship in Staverton with Landscove, South Brent, Rattery, Littlehempston, Dean Prior and Buckfastleigh.
30. For the Dartmouth & Dittisham Mission Community, their clergy Bob Boyle and Andrew Langley, and for all who live and worship in Dittisham and Dartmouth.
Information included in this prayer diary is taken from the diocesan database, where people have given us permission to do so, and was accurate at the time of publication. If there are any changes please email firstname.lastname@example.org