Exeter Diocesan Prayer Diary
1. As we celebrate Lammas Day (loaf-mass day), the festival of the first wheat harvest of the year, we thank God for the fruits of the earth in their season, and pray: We bless you,
God of Seed and Harvest, and we bless each other, that the beauty of this world, and the love that created it, might be expressed though our lives, and be a blessing to others.
2. For the Two Rivers Mission Community, their clergy Tracey Doyle, Paul Bysouth, Readers Jacque Ward, David Halpin, for the appointment of a new Team Rector, and for all who live and worship in Yarnscombe, Tawstock, St Giles in the Wood, Roborough, Newton Tracey, Huntshaw, Horwood, High Bickington, Beaford, Atherington and Alverdiscott.
3. For Unlimited Church in Exeter, their Clergy James Grier and Helen Sherlock and for all who are involved and worship there.
4. For the Uplyme and Axmouth Mission Community, Readers Hilary Harron, Roger Grose, and for all who live and worship in Uplyme and Axmouth.
5. For the West Dartmoor Mission Community, their clergy Di Caine and Gary Shirley, Readers Martin Jury, Jane Sanham, for the appointment of a new Team Rector, and for all who live and worship in Yelverton, Walkhampton, Sheepstor, Sampford Spiney, Meavy and Horrabridge.
6. On the feast of the Transfiguration we pray that we would be transfigured to be your presence in the world. Help us to live in ways which show by our deeds the words of Jesus, who was friend of the of the outcast and the poor.
7. For the West Exe Mission Community, their clergy David Nixon, Jerry Bird, Charles Keay, Reader Philip Baker and for all who live and worship in Saint Thomas Exeter and Exwick.
8. For the Whiddon Mission Community, their clergy Paul Seaton-Burn, Nick Weldon, Harriet Every, Rita Bullworthy, Reader Jill Hobbs and for all who live and worship in Spreyton, South Tawton, Sampford Courtenay, North Tawton, Honeychurch, Hittisleigh, Gidleigh with Throwleigh, Drewsteignton, Chagford and Bondleigh.
9. As we celebrate Mary Sumner’s Day today, the founder of the Mothers’ Union, we pray for all diocesan members. In our link with Melanesia we pray for the projects undertaken by the Mothers’ Union in Melanesia including the positive parenting programme, literacy schemes and savings clubs. For their Provincial President Pamela Abana and all the volunteers at St Agnes in Honiara.
10. For the Withycombe Raleigh Mission Community, their clergy Robert Sellers, Owen Murphy, Stephen Hoyle and for all who live and worship in Withycombe Raleigh.
11. For the Yealm and Erme Mission Community, their clergy Anne Legge, Martin Kirkbride, Joe Lannon and for all who live and worship in Yealmpton, Wembury, Revelstoke, Newton Ferrers, Holbeton and Brixton.
12. Pray for our school, college and university chaplains and all those who offer pastoral support to schools. Pray that they would have a good break over the summer holidays. Pray for your local school: for good rest for all staff and children.
13. For the Alphington Mission Community, their clergy Mike Partridge and Helen Sherlock, Reader Lesley Phillips-Cannon and for all who live and worship in Shillingford St George, Ide and Alphington.
14. For the Ashburton & Moorland Mission Community, their Clergy Mark Rylands, Mandy Rylands, Geoffrey Fenton, Reader Marion Kaye and for all who live and worship in Widecombe in the Moor, Leusdon, Holne and Ashburton with Buckland in the Moor and Bickington.
15. On the festival of St Mary we pray: In the womb of Mary, you found a dwelling place on earth,O Christ;remain for ever in our hearts.
16. In our link with Thika we are asked to pray for Namrata Shah Children’s home. For Jedidah the manager and the children who come from difficult backgrounds to this place of love and security. Pray also for the older children at boarding and secondary schools, and those who have into further education or are looking for employment.
17. For the Aune Valley Mission Community, their priest Daniel Hartley, Reader Nell Stamp and for all who live and worship in Woodleigh, Thurlestone, South Milton, Loddiswell and Churchstow.
18. For the Axe Valley Mission Community, their clergy Clive Sedgewick, Cate Edmonds, Readers Su Clark, Tony Nixon and for all who live and worship in Membury, Combpyne with Rousdon, Chardstock St Andrew, Axminster and All Saints.
19. In our link with the Diocese of Bayeux-Lisieux in France, we pray for all those involved in planning exchange conferences, especially for speakers and those providing hospitality. For parishes, their clergy and people in the area of Falaise.
20. For the Barnstaple Mission Community, their clergy David Fletcher, Andy Dodwell, Guy Chave-Cox, Nigel Dilkes, Shirley Paterson, Cathy Scoffield, Marion Sanders, Readers John Hartfield, Joanna Pay and for all who live and worship in Sticklepath with Roundswell, Pilton with Ashford, Newport, Goodleigh, Bishops Tawton, BarnstapleSt Peter and St Mary Magdalene and Barnstaple Holy Trinity.
21. For the Beacon Parishes Mission Community, their priest Andrew Down and for all who live and worship in Woodland, Ipplepen with Torbryan, Denbury and Broadhempston.
22. For the Bere Ferrers with Bere Alston Mission Community, their priest Nick Law, Readers Sheila Gay, Susan Belfield and for all who live and worship in Bere Ferrers with Bere Alston.
23. In our link with Cyprus and the Gulf, we pray for the Epiphany Church in Doha. For its six congregations of more than 600 people, worshipping in four languages – English, Tamil, Marathi and Igbo. It is a global church with more than 30 nationalities and is growing. Pray for its activities, including its children and youth programs.
24. For the Bideford and the Four Villages Mission Community, their clergy Claire Rose-Casemore, Marisa Cockfield, Readers Sarah Cordingley, Peter Hooper and for all who live and worship in Weare Giffard, Monkleigh, Littleham, Landcross and Bideford.
25. For the Bovey Valley Mission Community, their clergy Graham Hamilton, David Harris, Nick Debney, Readers Eleanor Oelmann, Lionel Holmes, John Randall and for all who live and worship in Ilsington, Hennock, Bovey Tracey St Peter, St Paul and St Thomas of Canterbury and Bovey Tracey St John with Heathfield.
26. Pray for all our hospital chaplains and in particular for Penny Hamilton working at Bideford and Great Torrington Hospitals.
27. For the Braunton Mission Community, their priest Anne Thorne and for all who live and worship in Braunton.
28. For our Bishops Robert, Nick and Jackie. That they may enjoy a summer break and return refreshed with renewed energy and vision for the work of the diocese.
29. For the Brixham Mission Community, their clergy John Gay, Angela Sumner, Readers Susan Shaw, Wendy Emlyn and for all who live and worship in Lower Brixham, All Saints, Kingswear, Churston Ferrers and Brixham St Mary.
30. Pray for the Dean of Exeter Jonathan Greener and for all at the Cathedral: that the Cathedral may be place of welcome and spiritual refreshment for all visitors.
31. For the Buckland Monachorum Mission Community, their priest Andrew Farmer, Readers Mark Smith, Paul Nixon, Pippa Brown, for all who live and worship in Buckland Monachorum and for Andy Bowden as he prepares to take up the role of Vicar.
Information included in this prayer diary is taken from the diocesan database, where people have given us permission to do so, and was accurate at the time of publication. If there are any changes please email email@example.com