Exeter Diocesan Prayer Diary
Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the twelve aside and said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!” Matthew 20:17-19
Mon 1st – Sat 6th April
This week pray for your local school: For its pupils, staff and head teacher. Thank God for the work of the diocesan Education Team and, as we approach Easter, pray for clergy and all those who will go into schools to share the Easter message.
1. For the Kingsteignton Mission Community, their clergy Mark Smith, Sandra Gill and for
all who live and worship in Teigngrace and Kingsteignton.
2. For the Little Dart Team Mission Community, their clergy Tony Rockey, Clive Jobbins, Adrian Wells, Janet May, Readers Christine Chandler, Yvonne Childs and for all who live and worship in Witheridge with Creacombe, West Worlington, Wembworthy with Eggesford, Thelbridge, Romansleigh, Meshaw, East Worlington, Chulmleigh, Cheldon, Chawleigh and Burrington.
3. For the Littleham cum Exmouth with Lympstone Mission Community, their clergy James Hutchings, Benedict Cambridge, Huw Ryden, Lesley Holman, Readers Demelza Henderson, Elizabeth Burren and for all who live and worship in Lympstone and Littleham Cum Exmouth.
4. For the Lyn Valley Mission Community, their priests Jean Loveday and Samantha State and for all who live and worship in Trentishoe, Parracombe, Martinhoe, Lynton, Countisbury and Brendon.
5. Pray for all those attending and leading the safeguarding training today in Exeter.
6. For the Malborough Mission Community, their priest Daniel French and for all who live and worship in Salcombe and Malborough with South Huish.
Sun 7th – Sat 13th April
This week as Passiontide begins pray for your local church. Bring to God its ministry and mission in that place. Pray for the clergy and all the team as they prepare to share the Easter story with all who come to services and other events.
7. For the Modbury Mission Community, their priest Matt Rowland and for all who live and worship in Ringmore, Modbury, Kingston, Bigbury and Aveton Gifford.
8. Pray for all our hospital chaplains and in particular for Lead Chaplain Simon Leigh and team working at Mount Gould Hospital and Mental Health services in Plymouth.
9. Hold in prayer all those staying at Spring Harvest at Butlins in Minehead from today until 13th and the following week until 18th. Pray that it will be an enriching experience, including family time and a deeper connection with God.
10. For the Netherexe Parishes Mission Community, their clergy Katie Cross, Sue Sheppard and for all who live and worship in Upton Pyne, Thorverton, Stoke Canon, Rewe with Netherexe, Poltimore with Huxham, Newton St Cyres, Cadbury and Brampford Speke.
11. For the Newton Abbot Mission Community, their clergy Patrick Parkes, Nick Debney, Gareth Regan, Readers Steven Sheldon, Keith Butler, Simon Le Pine-Williams, Jeremy Howell and for all who live and worship in Ogwell, Newton Abbot and Milber.
12. For the North Creedy (East) Mission Community, their clergy Kingsley Cross and for all who live and worship in Woolfardisworthy East, Washford Pyne, Stockleigh Pomeroy, Stockleigh English, Puddington, Poughill, Kennerleigh and Cheriton Fitzpaine.
13. In our link with Thika we are asked to pray for the Ven Patrick Mukuna and the clergy and people of Mang’u Archdeaconry. Our linked parishes of Gakoe, Mang’u, Gakui and Kairi. Development and microfinance projects in this area.
Sun 14th – Sat 20th April
This week as Holy Week begins pray the Lord’s Prayer every day. Perhaps set an alarm on your phone to remind you? Reflect on a different line of the prayer every day.
14. On Palm Sunday: As the people spread their coats palm branches on the ground to welcome Jesus into Jerusalem, so we welcome him into our lives this morning. ‘King of Glory, King of Peace, Servant King, reign in our hearts. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’ Also pray for the team leading The Easter Experience at Arlington Court, near Barnstaple at 2.30pm today.
15. For the North Creedy (West) Mission Community, their priest Lindsey Starrs and for all who live and worship in Zeal Monachorum, Nymet Rowland, Morchard Bishop, Lapford, Down St Mary, Colebrooke, Coldridge, Clannaborough and Bow.
16. Pray for the work of all our Education Chaplains, particularly Fiona Wimsett working at Stover School in Newton Abbot.
17. In our link with the Diocese of Bayeux-Lisieux in France, we pray for chaplaincies with students at school and university, for those preparing for confirmation and undertaking trips to Taize. For parishes, their clergy and people in the area of Breteville-sur-Laize.
18. On Maundy Thursday we give thanks to Jesus for showing us how to be servants of others as he washed the disciples’ feet. We pray for all those in caring professions who give so much of themselves to help others.
19. On Good Friday we pray: Today we pause to remember your sacrificial love that shone light into the darkness, that bore life from such emptiness, that revealed hope out of devastation, that spoke truth through incrimination, that released freedom in spite of imprisonment and brought us forgiveness instead of punishment. Thank you that we can now walk in the light of your life, hope, truth, freedom and forgiveness, this day and every day.
20. For the North Kenn Team Mission Community, their priest Martin Wood and for all who live and worship in Whitestone with Oldridge, Tedburn St Mary, Holcombe Burnell and Cheriton Bishop.
Sun 21st – Tue 30th April
This week pick or buy a bunch of daffodils and take them to a neighbour. Invite them to church with you.
21. On Easter Sunday we pray: Lord God, you loved this world so much, that you gave your one and only son, that we might be called your children too. Lord, help us to live in the gladness and graceof Easter Sunday, every day. Let us have hearts of thankfulness for your sacrifice. Let us have eyes that look upon your grace and rejoice in our salvation. Help us to walk in that mighty grace and tell your good news to the world. Amen.
22. For the North Taw Mission Community, their clergy Steve Painting, Caroline Raby and for all who live and worship in West Down, Marwood, Heanton Punchardon and Georgeham.
23. For the Northmoor Mission Community, their clergy Stephen Cook, Richard Bache, Adrian Brook, Leigh Winsbury, Readers Christine Erickson, Michael Winter, Carol Bache, Kerry Friend, Beverley Johnson and for all who live and worship in Sourton, Okehampton, Northlew, Meeth, Lydford, Jacobstowe, Inwardleigh, Hatherleigh, Germansweek, Exbourne, Bridestowe, Bratton Clovelly and Belstone.
24. In our link with Melanesia we pray for the Archbishop of Melanesia the Most Rev George Takeli and for his wife June as they travel around the nine Dioceses in the Province. And today for the seven Martyred Melanesian Brothers on the anniversary of their deaths.
25. For the Otter Vale Mission Community, their clergy Steve Weston, Mark Ward, David Carrington, Mac Dick, Readers David Williamson, Alan Steel, John White, Ann Yates and for all who live and worship in West Hill, Saint Michael, Tipton St John with Venn Ottery, Payhembury, Ottery St Mary, Newton Poppleford, Harpford, Feniton, Escot, Colaton Raleigh and Alfington.
26. For the Our Lady and All the Saints North Torquay Mission Community, their clergy Paul Jones, Gorran Chapman, Robert Ward, John Lee, Reader Pamela Macey and for all who live and worship in Torquay St John, Torquay Saint Martin Barton, Saint Marychurch and Babbacombe.
27. For the Our Lady of Glastonbury Mission Community, their priest David Bailey and for
all who live and worship in Saint Aidan Ernesettle, Saint Chad Whitleigh and Saint Francis Honicknowle.
28. For the Paignton Mission Community, their clergy Roger Carlton, Harry Jevons, Capt Jeffrey Hill, Capt Adrian Prescott, Reader Ron Edinborough and for all who live and worship in Paignton.
29. For the Paignton Christ Church Mission Community, their priest John Pout and for all who live and worship in Paignton St Paul Preston and Paignton Christ Church.
30. In our link with Cyprus and the Gulf, we pray for Christopher Futcher who will be leaving his post here as Archdeacon of Exeter to become the Archdeacon of Cyprus. We pray for his ministry, for the parishes of Cyprus and for justice and peace across the island.
Information included in this prayer diary is taken from the diocesan database, where people have given us permission to do so, and was accurate at the time of publication. If there are any changes please email firstname.lastname@example.org